Saturday, September 8, 2007

Nationals Time Trial


44th place

At this point in my racing the time trial is the weakest part of my racing, but I feel that I am able to post a decent time, and I hope to improve my time trialing in order to become a GC rider. I drove out to the time trial course with Ethan and it was quite odd entering onto the freeway and parking on the on ramp. The promoters had only managed to get 6km of freeway so we had the pleasure of doing 4 turn-a-rounds to complete our 20km time trial. I personally felt that it was ridiculous, but what can you do. I was excited for the time trial and I knew that I was going to have fun not matter what happened because I was given the opportunity to use a disc and an awesome wheel in the front, it sounded fast no matter what happened. I was able to borrow a trainer from Brentley, which was extremely helpful considering there was not a ton of room to warm up. I suited up and put on my new Time shoes which are awesome. I hopped on the trainer and was amazed that my legs felt great. My legs usually never feel good when I am warming up on a trainer, but today they felt good. I got good and warm and rolled over to the start and easily passed all the UCI specifications for my bike. I was able to down a Clif-shot which gave me the perfect amount of energy for this sub 30 minute effort. I got up to the start ramp and felt ready to go, a couple deep breaths and I was off. The beginning was a slight downhill with a tail wind and I felt great, and the first turnaround was super close. I gave it my all and I was able to make my way through all the ridiculous turn-a-rounds. I suffered on to the line with the wind blowing my all over the place. I crossed the line with a time of 27:52 and I was a little disappointed because I was hoping for around 27:30 but I felt good with my ride nonetheless. I knew that I could not crack the leader board, but I felt that I had put in a respectable ride.

No comments: