Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tyler's View ~ Starting a Diary?

September 9, 2007

Well last week I went searching through the attic to find some old posters that I had put up there, but I couldn't find them. I did find something that was much more thrilling than posters though. I found some cycling magazines from the 1990's. It is pretty awesome to read interviews with Hinault, Hampsten and Lemond. Well in one of the Velonews there was a story by Bob Roll that I had read in one of his books, but I found the actual Velonew that it was in. It is a good story so last night I went to read it again. At the end Bobke said "I recommend that everyone keep a daily diary- so as the memory fades, you have a record to look back on." I thought it was a good idea, and since I had just started a blog I thought that I would go for it. I dont know how often I will actually write diary stories of each day, but I think it will be cool to look back upon. I mean I am definitely living the dream. I am still young and have my whole future to look forward to. I think that every day is pretty awesome even if I have a bad day, I mean come on were living on this beautiful planet you know. Well it is almost the end of the cycling season and I am sort of looking forward to having an easy month of little riding, but I also love to ride so much that I dont really want a month off. Plus I am getting a new frame and I dont know how I am going to last a month without riding the new Beast. It will be a Tarmac Pro and I am definitely looking forward to hopping on that. I went for an easy ride today around the Nicasio Reservoir and it was pretty cold, foggy and a bit windy, even though I did not head out until around 11. That cold weather started me thinking of leg warmers and booties, and that is actually exciting. I definitely enjoy riding in the sun, but I feel much more like a bike racer when it is cold and windy and I am the only one out on the bike, makes you feel tough. I've got some big dreams for next year and I cant wait to go on those long base rides through the blasting wind and rain.

No comments: