Saturday, September 8, 2007

Snelling Road Race

It was finally time for the first Road Race of the year, and I was happy that there was one because I enjoy road races much more than criteriums. I did not even have to wake up early because my race was not until 12:30. It was quite a long drive out there though and my legs definitely have not come around yet. After getting a good warm-up I rolled over to the start line, where I got to wait for a 30 minutes because the races were so far behind schedule. We started with a 3 mile promenade, and I could not get my foot in the pedal and had to roll on the back of the pack while I dug the dirt out of my cleat. The first few laps did not involve much and the whole race was not very tough. There were a few attacks here and there but no all out dying efforts today. Even though the race was not super tough we kept a steady pace and I sat in the pack without doing much work but my legs were not feeling too good. I made a few moves on the last lap but nothing held. I got in decent position for the sprint, the last 3 miles before the finish are on a road that is super rough and that was definitely not enjoyable but I was able to get a decent 5th place out of it, and I got a T-shirt, that always makes it worthwhile.

No comments: