Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sea Otter Circuit Race




I got off to a good start and the pace was high from the beginning. I enjoy this circuit race because it has such a solid hill. Throughout the race I held decent position and I was hurting at the top of the hill, but I was not about to get dropped or anything. There were some attacks but nothing too dangerous had gone off through the beginning of the race. The group was cruising and Grant Van Horn kept attempting to attack, but we were able to bring him back. Then Grant made a strong attack and Alfredo Cruz got on, I had the legs to get there but I was boxed in. I was angry to say the least and I drilled it through the flats, but no one else felt like bringing them back, and it was windy so I could not pull much. We kept a good tempo and then on the final lap near the end we caught the junior 15-16 field and so we were mixed in with them in our sprint. I got caught up in the middle of the mixed fields and did not have much room to sprint.

No comments: